ADMIRALTY AND MARITIME
As the oldest legal practice area, admiralty and maritime is related to other practice areas such as, sea transport, international trade, international finance and insurance. Our Maritime legal services team has efficiently and effectively represented our clients in China or abroad. We provide comprehensive services related to admiralty and maritime disputes in business, involving ship owner, operators, brokers, charterers, underwriters, P&I clubs, trading companies, shipping agents, port operators and logistics companies. We also provide legal services on construction of ship, maritime engineering and other fields.
Our lawyers have professional and practical experience working for ship companies, maritime court and maritime administration. We have represented clients for sea accident issues, such as ship collision, oil pollution, fire and explosion, salvage and wreck salvage, having achieved rich lawyer practical experience, providing excellent legal services for domestic and overseas clients. We have contributed for regulations formulated by the Supreme People’s Court and the Maritime Safety Administration of the People’s Republic of China.
Scope of Services
- Cargo damage claims;
- Ocean transportation dispute;
- Cargo forwarding agency dispute;
- Voyage, time and bareboat charters disputes;
- Collision, salvage and related marine casualties;
- Shipbuilding, ship repair and ship sale disputes;
- Ship and cargo agency, logistics and storage;
- International logistics, storage and logistic distribution issue;
- Contracts regarding the materials, fuel and spare parts of ships;
- Sale, purchase, lease, financing and management of ships and vessels Shipbuilding;
- Representing Singapore and Korean oil companies to claim debt of supplying bunker oil for about two million dollar in Qingdao Maritime court in 2009; Submitting the cases to court, and seized the property of defendant, at last clients fully recovered of the losses.
- Ship collision dispute: dealt with maritime accident happened between ships, and concluded an agreement under the mediation of the court.
- Disputes over shipping contracts of Shou Shipping Co., Ltd. suing Port Shipping Co., Ltd;
- Case of disputes over Maritime Ship Collision Damage Compensation of Shandong Fisheries Group Co., Ltd. suing LILY SHIPPING COMPANY LIMITED;
- Cargo damage insurance dispute in 2008 dealt with grain damage dispute on behalf of the food company of China, and recovered millions of dollars by court litigation from the insurance company.
- Solving dock construction contract disputes Port Group Co., Ltd. and Shandong Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Solving case of ship repair contract dispute Pacific Holdings Limited and Qingdao Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Solving disputes between Qingdao Maritime and Qingdao Development Corporation over the use rights of wharfs, coastlines, sea areas and open sea areas;
- Representing Italy company for ship design project dispute in 2015, after successfully gave the work of ship designing, but the ship owner failed to pay bonus, after we bring the case to court, at last, client got he satisfactory result.
- Represent the Hannan shipping company for the dispute with Korean company for acknowledging of foreign arbitration awards in 2017, claiming amount is about one hundred million dollar, through the work of attorney, both parties got settlement at last.
- Represent Hongkong company for the charter party case, after receiving the successful award from abroad, then by negotiation with opposite party, successfully perform the obligation in the arbitral award.
- In 2020, representing Russian company for solving ship building dispute, claiming amount is ten million dollar, after intervene with opposite party by negotiation and court procedure, client successfully avoid huge loses.
Parts of Serving Clients