LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION
Our litigation and arbitration team has a wealth of experience in handling litigation, arbitration, enforcement of judgment and award. Our team has a smooth-running workflow. We take the initiative and help our client in any way we can to prevent the dispute from happening; and, if any of our clients get involved in a dispute, we come up with attorney’s solutions to ensure that our clients always have the best advantage. We are fully committed to win cases for our clients, at the same time lowering the costs of dispute resolution by our clients.
We hold on to the belief that the best kind of advice should be direct, practical, combining with Chinese law and practice. We use our best endeavors to help our clients optimize their legal interest, safeguarding their commercial interests. Our clients including both domestic clients and a great number of clients from abroad, who are deeply impressed with and praise us for our excellent attorney expertise, professional commitment and cooperation. We have represented clients for numerous litigation and arbitration disputes. We win cases at each court level and various arbitration centers and helped our clients avoid or mitigate losses and protect their rights.
Our lawyers can minimize uncertainty and risk in commercial business operation, and to achieve the optimal negotiated, mediated or litigated outcome for our clients. Regarded as one of the leading dispute resolution practices in China, our strengths in commercial, litigation are supplemented by specialist attorneys. Our team offers strategic problem solving, technical expertise, and highly regarded commercial lawyers. We resolve disputes quickly and commercially while retaining our client’s good reputation and business relationships.
Scope of Services
- Commercial legal affairs:
- Issuing Letter of Attorney on behalf of clients;
- Investigating and adducing evidence in civil cases;
- Helping clients analyze their civil litigation strategies;
- Litigation in Chinese courts from local court to Supreme Court;
- Background investigation and property preservation in all Chinese courts;
- Helping companies analyze their commercial litigation strategies for facing disputes;
- Criminal legal affairs:
- File charges on behalf of victims in criminal cases;
- Representing criminal suspects and criminal defendants;
- Criminal consulting, investigation and evidence collection;
- Recognition, evaluation, prevention and control of criminal legal risks;
- Arbitration legal affairs:
- Representing international clients before arbitration, mediation and dispute resolution procedures;
- Representing Chinese customers before arbitration, mediation and dispute resolution procedures both at home and abroad;
- Representing clients in all arbitration, mediation and dispute resolution procedures;
- Application for, admission and execution of arbitral awards both at home and abroad;
- Administrative legal affairs:
- Administrative law legal consultation;
- Representation in administrative reconsideration cases and lawsuits;
- Administrative Litigation in Chinese courts from local court to Supreme Court;
- Solving international trade dispute arising in 2006, after obtained the final arbitration award by Stockholm, then enforce the arbitration award in China, through negotiation and court procedures, finally, client successfully received the half million dollars as settlement.
- Representing Italy company for design dispute in 2008, Italy company successfully help Chinese company for design, but China company failed to pay bonus, by collecting the evidence and design documents, through the court proceeding, both parties reach agreement at last.
- Quality dispute on imported goods: in 2009, over 50000 tons of Indian iron ore imported by Rizhao company were found to be seriously defective after arriving at port. Through court proceedings, exporters admit negligence and sell inferior iron ore at a lower price, at last, client have recovered huge economic losses.
- International maritime cargo damage insurance dispute: handling several disputes on behalf of China’s largest grain companies in the case of imported grain damage. Large area of rot was found after the import of goods from Chinese grain enterprises arrived at port. Through the court trial, the insurance company finally made full compensation for the loss.
- Recognizing and enforcement of foreign arbitration award: In 2016, on behalf of Hainan Airlines Group, settled the chartering dispute in London arbitration, involving one billion Rmb, through the professional ability, solved the dispute with good result.
- Bank non performing assets resolution: on behalf of several foreign banks and Chinese banks, has effectively solved hundreds of millions of non-performing assets of banks and recovered huge economic losses of the bank through civil litigation and court compulsory auction of assets procedures.
- Settlement of foreign arbitration award: on behalf of large international company to handle the recognition and implementation of London arbitration cases in China. Through the professional negotiation ability of lawyers, it has achieved very good result for client.
- Dispute settlement of property insurance contract: For case of fire in warehouse in bonded area, the fire caused billions of Rmb of economic losses. Represented damaged cargo owner claiming from the warehouse company and insurance company. Through excellent professional ability and effective litigation means, the damaged owner had been fully compensated.
- Representing People’s Property Insurance Co., Ltd of China suing Maersky Shipping Co., Ltd. for disputes over shipping contracts.
Parts of Serving Clients
One of the world’s largest semiconductor companies.ST embedding the most advanced innovations are an essential part of products